Friday, February 11, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

This is a new topic that I hope to be adding to on a regular basis.  It will be  place for me to share products, websites, and other things that I use and love.

I know I always find it helpful when people share things that really work for them, or places where they get inspired. 

So here is my first favorite thing:

http://www.ana-white.com/





This site is amazing!  Ana is a mom who builds incredible furniture and shares the plans with everyone for free!  I mean, this woman built her own house in Alaska!

There are plans for everything from dining room tables to couches (yes, a couch!) to doll furniture to picnic tables in every size.  Many of her plans are "knock-offs" of expensive furniture brands like Pottery Barn, West Elm etc... So if you love the look, but can't afford the prices, you can build your own and finish it to match your decor.

I have already built a few things from her plans:
 Rustic Farmhouse Table Plans
Rustic Farmhouse Table and Bench

Modular Bookcase Plans
Modular bookcase


I have several other things on my "to build" list as soon as soon as the weather is nice enough to get outside and cut some wood. 

When you have finished your furniture, you can even share it on the brag blog so that the whole world can see what you have accomplished.  :)

I hope you are inspired to build something special for your home today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your dining room!! Alexis and I may try to build something this summer. I have no talent in this area but you have inspired me!