Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chocoley Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Kit (Product Review)

Chocolate + Caramel +Pretzels = YUM!

I love chocolate covered pretzels, so when I was choosen to review a cholocate and caramel covered pretzel kit from Chocoley Chocolates how could I say no????

My kit was shipped on Thursday and arrived on my doorstep on Saturday. The kit contained:

1 lb. extra dark chocolate candy melts
1 lb. milk chocolate candy melts
1 lb. caramel
8 oz. white chocolate drizzle (in a drizzle bottle)
2 colorful sugars (blue and purple)
25 cellophane pretzel bags
Chocolate melting instrructions and Pretzel recipes

Contents of kit

The first thing that I noticed is that the chocolate was clearly marked with allergen information--something I really appreciate as a mom with allergy kids!

The instructions are well written and easy to follow.  There are instructions for melting your chocolate in either a double boiler or your microwave. 

The first step is to melt the caramel and dip the pretzels.
caramel dipped pretzels

Next, melt the dipping chocolate.

unmelted chocolate (extra dark, milk chocolate)

Melted chocolate



Dip the pretzels in the chocolate. 
Now comes the fun part!  Melt the white chocolate drizzle.  Drizzle the pretzels and top with your favorite toppings, sprinkles, or colored sugars.
Pretzels with mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, chopped nuts, dried cranberries

The cellophane bags make gift giving simple !
The bags are long enough for the long pretzel.  I only had shorter pretzels on hand so I trimmed the bags to size.  These would be great tied with school colors for a graduation party, pinks or blues for a baby shower or wedding colors for wedding favors.

The kit was very easy to use, but the most important thing is that the taste is great!  I am not always a fan of dark chocolate, but this chocolate didn't have that bitter aftertaste that some dark chocolate contains.  The caramel is creamy and smooth.  The pretzels have been a hit with all of my taste testers.

*While I received the kit for free , I was not paid for this review or obligated to give a positive review.  All opinions are my own and are honest and accurate as possible.

1 comment:

Angie Blocksom said...

LOVE Chocoley Chocolate!! Bada Bing Bada Boom is so easy to work with!