Friday, August 5, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Easy Zucchini Bread

Here is just one great recipe to use up all the zucchini floating around this time of year.

2 C. sugar
3 eggs
3 C. flour (I use 1/2 unbleached, 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2 C. oil
1/2 C. applesauce or apple butter
2 C. shredded zucchini
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp.baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 C. nuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, zucchini and vanilla in a bowl.  In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.  Add dry ingredients to zucchini mixture and stir to combine.  Place mixture in 2 greased loaf pans.  Bake for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool on wire rack, wrap and freeze.

*Zucchini bread makes a quick easy breakfast with some yogurt and fruit.
*Fruit breads are great to have on hand for last minute company or to share with a family in need.
Zucchini bread wrapped and freezer ready

~Things are still crazy busy around here, but I do have some posts I am working on--hopefully it won't be so long between posts!

3 comments:

Dogpackmomma said...

Looks good. I'm going to give it a try with yellow crook neck squash!  Thanks & Happy Trails!

DeAnna Jones said...

Good recipe!  My zuke bread recipe is more complicated than this, and I don't make it enough because of it.  I will try this soon, seeing as I've got four gallons of shredded zuke in my freezer, LOL!  One thing I would do different is to add a drop or two of almond extract.  That's from my old recipe, and my little guy loves that flavor. 
My end of summer has been crazy too.  Know how you feel!  :) 

Shirley H said...

I see U mention vanilla when putting ingredients together, but i do not see it in the ingredient list. How much vanilla should i use? Thank U so much for your time and the great recipes. I love them!!!!